Trying to find the value of your guitar?

Latest updates
1966 Goya Electric Guitars catalogue
1966 Goya Electric Guitars catalogue, Goya was well-known for it's acoustic guitars, produced by Levin in Sweden; but in the mid 1960s they added a number of Italian-built electric guitars and basses. Semi-acoustic models such as the 105, 107 and 109 Rangemaster guitars and Panther II bass were made by Polverini, whilst solid body models 116 and 118 were made by Galanti. These were well-built good quality instruments, but perhaps too expensive to sell in large numbers.
1965 Vox Ace electric guitar
1965 Vox Ace electric guitar The Vox Ace was one of the early UK-designed Vox guitars produced by JMI in Dartford, Kent. It had been in production since at least 1962, but was redesigned for late 1963 with a more current look and a higher quality feel. The pickups were upgraded, as was the body; it was now thicker and made of solid wood. Despite this the guitar was now actually lighter in weight, due to a shorter overall length. Have a closer look at a sunburst-finished Vox Ace from 1965.
Older updates here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Hagstrom Swede dating?

Quote Originally Posted by jules
    Quote Originally Posted by fjabjr
    serial # 873164
    873- is a batch of 250 Swedes from '73

You can't tell anything from just looking at the numbers; you have to look this up
    Thanks for the reply. So you're saying this could possibly be from '73. Interesting. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "have to look this up". How, where? I've found some websites (most already listed in earlier postings in this thread) but it's hard to figure out where to go. I've emailed some folks over in Sweden who seem to know much about Hagstrom so hopefully they'll get back to me.

I haven't taken any photos yet. Will do so soon. The shop I bought it at said there was only one previous owner. The guitar definitely has its fair share of dings and scratches and finish issues. But because the neck just plays so nice and the beast (its heavy) sounded so great, I didn't care what it looked like. And how can you resist that cool Hagstom headstock and those awesome tuning keys. The orignial owner replaced the hagstrom bridge pu with a Dimarzio (have no idea what model) but it sounds very sweet. There is also a missing part or two...the string holder cover that I see on most photos of old Swedes is not there and the pu and tone selector switches are missing the plastic caps

I traded in a 2003 Epiphone Dot and $50 for the Swede and couldn't be happier.
    Hagstrom Swede, G&L Legacy, Fender Telecaster (MIM)

Default Hagstrom book

The Hagstrom serial numbers are in a little book published in Sweden - they are not online anywhere. I just looked in my copy of the book, and yes, yours is a '73

That sounds like a good trade, by the way. I do hope you can post some pics eventually

Jules,
    Thanks for the info. Here I was thinking it was early 80s. But I like the sound of '73 better.

...and I will get photos up soon.

Thanks again!!

Default 1973 Swede Photos

As promised, here are some photos of my recently acquired 1973 Hagstrom Swede. You can seen them here:

http://s426.photobucket.com/albums/pp34 ... m%20Swede/

Enjoy!

Default Re: how to date a hagstrom

I'm trying to date a Super Swede... serial lists as M06031885.

any info would be appreciated. thanks!

incidentally, "I'm trying to date a Super Swede" is about the coolest sentence i've ever written.

I have a Hagstrom Swede that I bought used in the mid 70's and am trying to figure out when it was made. The serial # is 53 905203.

Jules... I have a black Swede also (53 93227 if you could give me a year? hopefully this link will work http://www.flickr.com/photos/19861916@N02/ I just opened the account today
    I am the original owner of this dandy axe but I don't remember when I purchased it ?...the poor thing has been through hell but plays and sounds excellent! the bridge p\u is a Super D. I wish I had the original tuners I would have put them back on.
    The Epiphone is my first guitar, my parents gave it to me for Christmas in 1978 ...that day my clarinet started collecting dust and fading out of memory

heyjon...do you have any pic's love to see it

Sorry to be slow on these guys...

This is a 1974 Swede

This is a 1975 Swede