Trying to find the value of your guitar?

Latest updates
1966 Goya Electric Guitars catalogue
1966 Goya Electric Guitars catalogue, Goya was well-known for it's acoustic guitars, produced by Levin in Sweden; but in the mid 1960s they added a number of Italian-built electric guitars and basses. Semi-acoustic models such as the 105, 107 and 109 Rangemaster guitars and Panther II bass were made by Polverini, whilst solid body models 116 and 118 were made by Galanti. These were well-built good quality instruments, but perhaps too expensive to sell in large numbers.
1965 Vox Ace electric guitar
1965 Vox Ace electric guitar The Vox Ace was one of the early UK-designed Vox guitars produced by JMI in Dartford, Kent. It had been in production since at least 1962, but was redesigned for late 1963 with a more current look and a higher quality feel. The pickups were upgraded, as was the body; it was now thicker and made of solid wood. Despite this the guitar was now actually lighter in weight, due to a shorter overall length. Have a closer look at a sunburst-finished Vox Ace from 1965.
Older updates here

Default 1972 Yamaha SA90

I'm a newbie so hello guitar people on this forum. I noticed a thread by patrick [3-12-10] about his Yamaha SA90 [Bass] as I was searching the web regarding my Yamaha guitar.

This conflicted as my guitar is an SA90 but it is a six stringed instrument. It dates from 1972, I have owned this since 1992. Around that time I was into guitar set ups & improvements as an interest - hobby.

I didn't know much about the guitar apart from the fact it was a Yamaha & a classy looking instrument. At a music shop in Milton Keynes [[IMG]1972 Yamaha SA90[/IMG]Yamaha-Kemble] I made contact with a Mick Sweeney [In house guitar tech] who was able to provide me with the answers to what the guitar was. A photo copy & a letter tells me it is an SA90. This was made in either sunburst or natural. Around that time I bought a few odd parts - spares as they were difficult to obtain.

Mine is in a guitar case though probably not a pucker yamaha one but is a good enough home for it. Whether others out there have SA90's I look forward to finding out & maybe Jules can give an opinion on today's value despite it not being a fender or gibson. I'll try to upload some pics.

Regards

DB44
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Very nice SA90 pic

DB44 - what a stunning guitar you have! I have been looking for a blond SA90 for a while now and they just do not seem to pop up on ebay. I have a beautiful SA60 and it plays like a dream.
    The SA60s and 90' were manufactured between 1973 and 1977, so your date is wrong. You can get a better idea of when it was made by removing the pick ups and looking at the back of them. There should be a stamp saying something like " SA90 51.8.17". That's the japanese emperor date for when the pickup was made. 51 equates to 1976, 52 to '77, 53 to '78, etc.

Also have a look at the following forum:
    http://forum.japanaxe.com/phpBB3/vie...407083e9feb3c3

Regards
    Sean

Default Sa 90 yamaha

Hello, I have bough the same guitar but I have not for now, I have bough it from Japan and wait it! Can you tell me his qualités or défaut, I am ver y interesting. thanks.

Hi Guys, not many of these guitars around so I hope you can help me. The Yamaha website says that the pick ups of these are high performance:
    http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...0%2Findex.html

I would be interested to know their impedance. Can anyone of you measure the pickup KiloOhm value? (Plug a guitar cable in the guitar and just measure across the plug at the other end of the cable. Measure the value for each switch position)
    Cheers
    Sean