Trying to find the value of your guitar?

Latest updates
1966 Goya Electric Guitars catalogue
1966 Goya Electric Guitars catalogue, Goya was well-known for it's acoustic guitars, produced by Levin in Sweden; but in the mid 1960s they added a number of Italian-built electric guitars and basses. Semi-acoustic models such as the 105, 107 and 109 Rangemaster guitars and Panther II bass were made by Polverini, whilst solid body models 116 and 118 were made by Galanti. These were well-built good quality instruments, but perhaps too expensive to sell in large numbers.
1965 Vox Ace electric guitar
1965 Vox Ace electric guitar The Vox Ace was one of the early UK-designed Vox guitars produced by JMI in Dartford, Kent. It had been in production since at least 1962, but was redesigned for late 1963 with a more current look and a higher quality feel. The pickups were upgraded, as was the body; it was now thicker and made of solid wood. Despite this the guitar was now actually lighter in weight, due to a shorter overall length. Have a closer look at a sunburst-finished Vox Ace from 1965.
Older updates here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

That was a great history lesson. It's guys like John Birch that really innovate what we as players do. It's nice to know he passed his innovation on before his death so we'll always have it. Thanks for sharing that with me.

Thanks for "12 bar in A" clip Jules,made my day...

1961-EB3-2.jpg

This is the bass now - all 'improvements' reversed. And it plays and sounds great. I've got a page about it here 1961 Gibson EB3 and some sound clips through three 15" valve amps: Ampeg B15, Gibson Atlas IV and a WEM Dominator Gibson EB3 soundclips

Those soundclips are great. Anyone who says the EB3 is a one-trick pony hasn't played one

Nice restoration Jules!! Are you selling the John Birch bridge perchance?

Wink

Hi Doug,

Sorry but I'm keeping the John Birch bridge (it's my bass ) as I will put it back on for using the bass live. It's also nice to keep with the bass for the history and to tie in with the John Birch logo on the headstock.

Graham