Trying to find the value of your guitar?

Latest updates
1966 Goya Electric Guitars catalogue
1966 Goya Electric Guitars catalogue, Goya was well-known for it's acoustic guitars, produced by Levin in Sweden; but in the mid 1960s they added a number of Italian-built electric guitars and basses. Semi-acoustic models such as the 105, 107 and 109 Rangemaster guitars and Panther II bass were made by Polverini, whilst solid body models 116 and 118 were made by Galanti. These were well-built good quality instruments, but perhaps too expensive to sell in large numbers.
1965 Vox Ace electric guitar
1965 Vox Ace electric guitar The Vox Ace was one of the early UK-designed Vox guitars produced by JMI in Dartford, Kent. It had been in production since at least 1962, but was redesigned for late 1963 with a more current look and a higher quality feel. The pickups were upgraded, as was the body; it was now thicker and made of solid wood. Despite this the guitar was now actually lighter in weight, due to a shorter overall length. Have a closer look at a sunburst-finished Vox Ace from 1965.
Older updates here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default White Epiphone Rivoli

Check this people

A white 1967 Rivoli. As with all custom colours, the seller is claiming it as original. What do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280467144938

The top of the back of the headstock looks a little rounded where it should be flat - which says to me it was over-sanded before the refin. But you'd have to see it in person. No mention of the serial number in the ad.

Anyone live nearby fancy checking it out?

Hard to tell if it`s original. It does bug me when a seller claims a finish to be original without having any proof. Oh well, either way I love the color Combo.

Looks like an older refin to me.

I agree about the rounded back of the headstock, although it could just be the reflection. Notice on the front headstock there is a similar reflection, but you can tell its flat.

Looks like a refin to me, way to clean, no yellowing, no crazing. The headstock looks original but buffed out.

Default Rivoli

Well it is a beautiful looking bass, refin or not. I think the tortoiseshell guard looks great against the creamy finish - much better than a black EB2 guard would look.

I have an Epiphone rivoli neck, waiting for a body to come up. If I get a hacked one, a cream refin may be the way to go

I agree that it looks pretty snazzy. But I don't believe it is original, although calling it Polaris is witty. I would expect to see a serial number pressed a bit deeper for a white, and it is possible that the edge is rounded. Too bad that white hides breaks nicely too! In hand is the only way to go for this one.
    boom

Default White Epiphone Rivoli

That is an exceptional looking bass

Hmmm,
    Looks a little suspicious; a few small knocks on the headstock but none on the body; not even a scratch.
    Retired Radio and Electronics Engineer residing in Cambridgeshire.

I think even if the finish was original, paying $4500 - or thereabouts - for a 67 Ravioli is batsh!t.
    boom