Trying to find the value of your guitar?

Latest updates
1966 Goya Electric Guitars catalogue
1966 Goya Electric Guitars catalogue, Goya was well-known for it's acoustic guitars, produced by Levin in Sweden; but in the mid 1960s they added a number of Italian-built electric guitars and basses. Semi-acoustic models such as the 105, 107 and 109 Rangemaster guitars and Panther II bass were made by Polverini, whilst solid body models 116 and 118 were made by Galanti. These were well-built good quality instruments, but perhaps too expensive to sell in large numbers.
1965 Vox Ace electric guitar
1965 Vox Ace electric guitar The Vox Ace was one of the early UK-designed Vox guitars produced by JMI in Dartford, Kent. It had been in production since at least 1962, but was redesigned for late 1963 with a more current look and a higher quality feel. The pickups were upgraded, as was the body; it was now thicker and made of solid wood. Despite this the guitar was now actually lighter in weight, due to a shorter overall length. Have a closer look at a sunburst-finished Vox Ace from 1965.
Older updates here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Cherry Burst Ripper

It's just not the right time to be buying a new bass for me - 6 months back when the exchange rate was better I would have been all over this Cherry Sunburst Ripper

It is a bit modded, but nothing undoable.... Have we seen this before? There certainly aren't many about in this finish

I've only ever seen one before. Mark Evans of AC/DC had one:

http://se.youtube.com/watch?v=eiBMltWg2RQ

http://se.youtube.com/watch?v=q4cLeWi8Al0

I saw one on eBay just once... Didn't have any extra money then, and I don't have some now...

Looks nice though
    - '82 Gibson Victory Standard
    - '72 & '78 Fender MusicMaster Basses
    - '50s / '60s Egmond Princess 2
    - Fender BG-32
    Proud endorser of Crime Industries: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=63949227

Default Ripper

Yeah i've seen at least one or more on ebay (it is hard to remember isn't it) but didn't save pictures. This sold quickly - someone got a good deal I think.

Damn that plummetting exchange rate!

Jules,

You have to admit that when you have the chance, you just have to enjoy the exchange rates...
    I'm from Belgium, where a pretty steady Euro is used and when an exchange rate drops (like the US Dollar did a while ago and the British Pound is doing now) I and many people with me are scanning every site we know to get a good bargain
    - '82 Gibson Victory Standard
    - '72 & '78 Fender MusicMaster Basses
    - '50s / '60s Egmond Princess 2
    - Fender BG-32
    Proud endorser of Crime Industries: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=63949227

Oh, I forgot about the prototype:

Default Re: Ripper

Quote Originally Posted by jules
    This sold quickly - someone got a good deal I think.
    That was me! Been looking for one of these for quite some time now. Currently waiting anxiously for it to arrive.

FWIW, I'm thinking that the ridiculously low production figure of 5 is questionable. This is the second CB Ripper I've had...the first was a refin (s**t brown, of course!). Maybe more like 50? So far, I've seen three on the 'bay and a couple others in the possession of dealers.
    Play the big dumb notes and the little smart notes will take care of themselves.

I just realized that the production figure of 5 was for Tobacco Sunburst.

Here is a picture of one from an Austrailian website earlier this year. Looks a bit darker. I seem to remember that they were asking around $2800 AUD.

Play the big dumb notes and the little smart notes will take care of themselves.

Default Cherryburst

Yeah, I think i've seen a handful on ebay, but certainly not many. They are not listed on the ripper shipping totals, so it's anybodies guess how many there are. I'd say 50 might be a bit high, but like I say i'm guessing. As far as I can remember, all i've seen were the early body shape.

Congrats on the score - a good deal, and the most desireable ripper variant in my opinion.

Will you refret it?

Dukeplaysbass had one- gave him a bridge for it

Dont know what became of it

http://badassbassplayers.com/forum/view ... f=8&t=6918